- POLICE DEPARTMENT
- PUBLIC WORKS
- UTILITY OFFICE
CITY OF AUBURN
UTILITY OFFICE UPDATES & REMINDERS
Bad Check Policy
- The City of Auburn will be instituting a new policy effective June 1, 2014 regarding checks returned to our office for various reasons from the bank. (checks are only presented to the bank one time).
- Due to the cost, extra processing, and high volume of checks returned to our office, residents will now only be allowed to have two (2) checks returned to our office for any reason from the bank.
- If two (2) checks are returned at any time, documentation will be placed on file and the City Office will only take cash or money orders for any amounts owed to the City office or police department for that account or written on behalf of that account. The account will strictly be a cash only account.
- $25.00 bad check fee
- $50.00 deposit
- Amount of utility bill owed
NOTE: Letters are sent to the customer when a bad check is returned from the bank. Each letter documents the amount owed as well as a due date for payment. Payment for the bad checks must be received by the due date or risk having utilities shut off. If utilities are shut off due to non-payment for a bad check, an extra $25.00 turn on fee is applied to the amount owed if turned on during normal business hours. Utilities WILL NOT be turned on after hours for a bad check.
Utility Bill Payments
- Utility bills are mailed on the 15th of each month, or business day prior.
- All utility bills are due on or before the last day of each month, whether that day falls on a weekend or holiday.
- A 10% penalty is added to all utility bills not paid at the end of each month.
- NO payment plans are accepted by the City Utility Office to cover any utility bills that are due each month.
Shut Off Policy
The SHUT OFF DATE for any resident who fails to remit a timely payment, will result in utilities being turned off on the 10TH of each month. If the 10TH should fall on a weekend or holiday, the shut off day will be the next business day following the weekend or holiday.
NOTE: **Shut off notices will no longer be sent out to residents who fail to pay their utility bill prior to the end of the month