- POLICE DEPARTMENT
- PUBLIC WORKS
- UTILITY OFFICE
Please find below some important telephone numbers for your reference:
– As always, all fire, medical and gas related emergency calls need to be directed to 911 dispatch through Sangamon County
217-753-6666 – Sangamon County Non-Emergency
217-438-6151 – City utility office
– Residents can contact this number during working hours and non-working hours for any utility related emergency or non-emergency. There will always be someone available to answer the calls.
– After hours calls will be answered by an answering service who can assist callers with questions/concerns.
217-438-3351 – Police Department
– The non-emergency police number will be answered with a voicemail system. Residents can leave a message in the general police department mailbox and/or for a specific officer.
– This voicemail will be monitored to return calls to those who may leave a message.
The City of Auburn accepts Vacation Watch Request Forms from any individual who may be aware from their home for a period of time. The form itself can be completed and returned to the city office either during normal business hours, placed in the drop box after hours, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The city office staff will coordinate with the police department to ensure watch over your property as requested.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the city office at 217-438-6151.
The City of Auburn council recently voted to dissolve the Auburn dispatch center effective at the end of November. We understand that your business and/or home may have an established alarm system in place with an automatic alert set to ring to the Auburn dispatch center in case of an emergency.
Because of the dispatch closing by the end of the month, we ask that you work with your alarm company (should you have an alarm in place) to reroute those calls from the Auburn dispatch center directly to Sangamon County at 217-753-6666.
We wanted to allow for time for the change to be made to your alarm (should you have one) system so that all calls for emergency are answered by the proper connections.
Should you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact the city office further at 217-438-6151 or via e-mail at cityoffice @auburnillinois.us