- POLICE DEPARTMENT
- PUBLIC WORKS
- UTILITY OFFICE
The City Utility Office will be closed on the following days during the holidays:
Friday, December 22, 2017
Monday, December 25, 2017
Monday, January 1, 2018
Wishing everyone a very safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
The City of Auburn is accepting applications for the position of Cleaning city hall and the community center. The hourly wage is 10.00/hour not to exceed 15 hours per 2 week pay period.
Applications must be received in the City Office located at 324 West Jefferson, Auburn, Illinois no later than 3:45 pm on January 31, 208. Applications can be picked up at the city office or obtained online
All questions can be directed to the city office at 217-438-6151
Please find below some important telephone numbers for your reference:
– As always, all fire, medical and gas related emergency calls need to be directed to 911 dispatch through Sangamon County
217-753-6666 – Sangamon County Non-Emergency
217-438-6151 – City utility office
– Residents can contact this number during working hours and non-working hours for any utility related emergency or non-emergency. There will always be someone available to answer the calls.
– After hours calls will be answered by an answering service who can assist callers with questions/concerns.
217-438-3351 – Police Department
– The non-emergency police number will be answered with a voicemail system. Residents can leave a message in the general police department mailbox and/or for a specific officer.
– This voicemail will be monitored to return calls to those who may leave a message.
The City of Auburn accepts Vacation Watch Request Forms from any individual who may be aware from their home for a period of time. The form itself can be completed and returned to the city office either during normal business hours, placed in the drop box after hours, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The city office staff will coordinate with the police department to ensure watch over your property as requested.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the city office at 217-438-6151.