- POLICE DEPARTMENT
- PUBLIC WORKS
- UTILITY OFFICE
The City of Auburn will host a Recycling Event on the East Side of the square on October 13, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
A FEE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR CRT, LCD/LED TV’S, CRT MONITORS, AND PROJECTION AND CONSOLES.
• Tablet Computers
• LCD Monitors
• Printers (for large, office printers please contact your local store)
• Computer Peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
• Satellite and Cable Equipment
• DVD Players
• Video Game Consoles
• Cellular/Mobile Phones
• Smart Phones
• Telephones (including PBX equipment)
• Networking Equipment and Cables
• Mailroom Equipment
• Point of Sale Equipment
• Power Tools (including batteries)
• Fax Machines
• Answering Machines
• Battery Backups and Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
• Surge Suppressors and Power Strips
• Power and Accessory Cables
• Ink Cartridges
• Christmas tree lights
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
• Microwaves, toasters, and other small kitchen appliances
• Refrigerators, stoves, and other large appliances
• Broken TVs (broken glass or otherwise dismantled)
• Air conditioning units
• Lamps/Light bulbs
• Vacuum and floor cleaners
• General rubbish
• Audio and Video Cassettes
• CDs and DVDs
• Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detectors
• Bathroom devices (ie. electric razors, toothbrushes, etc.)
• Gas Powered Tools
• Glass, Christmas Light Bulbs, etc
• Mercury Thermometers
• Aerosol cans
• Lava Lamps
• Pressurized canisters of any kind
• Live ammunition
• Needles of any sort
• Adhesives, Paints, Chemicals of any kind
• Alkaline Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, etc…)
• Pre-lit Christmas trees
Community Solar Panel Meeting with Keystone Power Holdings, LLC
October 2, 2018
Auburn Community Center
Discussion on the potential of Solar Panel installation in the City of Auburn for energy savings purposes. Residents will have an opportunity to learn more about the options being proposed and potential next steps.
Please find below some important telephone numbers for your reference:
– As always, all fire, medical and gas related emergency calls need to be directed to 911 dispatch through Sangamon County
217-753-6666 – Sangamon County Non-Emergency
217-438-6151 – City utility office
– Residents can contact this number during working hours and non-working hours for any utility related emergency or non-emergency. There will always be someone available to answer the calls.
– After hours calls will be answered by an answering service who can assist callers with questions/concerns.
217-438-3351 – Police Department
– The non-emergency police number will be answered with a voicemail system. Residents can leave a message in the general police department mailbox and/or for a specific officer.
– This voicemail will be monitored to return calls to those who may leave a message.
The City of Auburn accepts Vacation Watch Request Forms from any individual who may be aware from their home for a period of time. The form itself can be completed and returned to the city office either during normal business hours, placed in the drop box after hours, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The city office staff will coordinate with the police department to ensure watch over your property as requested.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the city office at 217-438-6151.