- POLICE DEPARTMENT
- PUBLIC WORKS
- UTILITY OFFICE
The City of Auburn will be flushing hydrants on the following dates:
September 4-7: East side of town
September 10-14: West side of town
Please find below some important telephone numbers for your reference:
– As always, all fire, medical and gas related emergency calls need to be directed to 911 dispatch through Sangamon County
217-753-6666 – Sangamon County Non-Emergency
217-438-6151 – City utility office
– Residents can contact this number during working hours and non-working hours for any utility related emergency or non-emergency. There will always be someone available to answer the calls.
– After hours calls will be answered by an answering service who can assist callers with questions/concerns.
217-438-3351 – Police Department
– The non-emergency police number will be answered with a voicemail system. Residents can leave a message in the general police department mailbox and/or for a specific officer.
– This voicemail will be monitored to return calls to those who may leave a message.
The City of Auburn accepts Vacation Watch Request Forms from any individual who may be aware from their home for a period of time. The form itself can be completed and returned to the city office either during normal business hours, placed in the drop box after hours, or e-mailed to email@example.com. The city office staff will coordinate with the police department to ensure watch over your property as requested.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the city office at 217-438-6151.