- POLICE DEPARTMENT
- PUBLIC WORKS
- UTILITY OFFICE
The City of Auburn has issued an inclement weather parking order beginning at 6 pm, November 14th through 6 pm, November 15th.
During the time of the order no vehicles, including but not limited to cars, trucks, boats, any and all trailers, or equipment may be parked on the city right-of-way.
The city right-of-way shall include both paved and unpaved areas of the right-of-way including the shoulder.
The City of Auburn will host a Recycling Event on the East Side of the square on October 13, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
A FEE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR CRT, LCD/LED TV’S, CRT MONITORS, AND PROJECTION AND CONSOLES.
• Tablet Computers
• LCD Monitors
• Printers (for large, office printers please contact your local store)
• Computer Peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
• Satellite and Cable Equipment
• DVD Players
• Video Game Consoles
• Cellular/Mobile Phones
• Smart Phones
• Telephones (including PBX equipment)
• Networking Equipment and Cables
• Mailroom Equipment
• Point of Sale Equipment
• Power Tools (including batteries)
• Fax Machines
• Answering Machines
• Battery Backups and Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
• Surge Suppressors and Power Strips
• Power and Accessory Cables
• Ink Cartridges
• Christmas tree lights
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
• Microwaves, toasters, and other small kitchen appliances
• Refrigerators, stoves, and other large appliances
• Broken TVs (broken glass or otherwise dismantled)
• Air conditioning units
• Lamps/Light bulbs
• Vacuum and floor cleaners
• General rubbish
• Audio and Video Cassettes
• CDs and DVDs
• Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detectors
• Bathroom devices (ie. electric razors, toothbrushes, etc.)
• Gas Powered Tools
• Glass, Christmas Light Bulbs, etc
• Mercury Thermometers
• Aerosol cans
• Lava Lamps
• Pressurized canisters of any kind
• Live ammunition
• Needles of any sort
• Adhesives, Paints, Chemicals of any kind
• Alkaline Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, etc…)
• Pre-lit Christmas trees
A boil order is in effect until further notice for the following areas:
Everything on Kennedy Road from 15570 Kennedy – south to 16210 Kennedy
McClelland’s Trailer Court
Divernon Road from State Route 4 East to White Post Road
Community Solar Panel Meeting with Keystone Power Holdings, LLC
October 2, 2018
Auburn Community Center
Discussion on the potential of Solar Panel installation in the City of Auburn for energy savings purposes. Residents will have an opportunity to learn more about the options being proposed and potential next steps.
The City of Auburn will be flushing hydrants on the following dates:
September 4-7: East side of town
September 10-14: West side of town
The City of Auburn hereby gives public notice that the Auburn City Council will hold a public hearing prior to its regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, July 2, 2018. The hearing will begin at 6:45 p.m. and will be held in the City Council Chambers, 324 West Jefferson Street, Auburn, Illinois.
The purpose of the public hearing is to receive input from interested citizens regarding Ordinance 1455-18, City of Auburn Appropriations Ordinance. The ordinance is available for review at the below link.
All interested persons are invited to attend.
The City of Auburn will be hosting a collection site for the upcoming DEA Drug Take Back Day on April 28, 2018 between the hours of 10AM-2PM.
Between those hours people can bring in their unused or expired prescription drugs to the Auburn Police Department for safe disposal. We can’t accept liquid medication or needles/syringes.
If you have any questions you can leave a voicemail for Sergeant Sheppard at 217-438-3351.
Due to no water and sewer issues, the city office will be closing at 11:00 a.m. We apologize for the inconvenience.
There is a boil order in effect for the following areas:
On Adams from 8th Street to Mill Street
On Jefferson and Madison streets from 6th Street to Railroad tracks
On Monroe Street from 5th to 4th
On 5th Street from Jackson to Washington
On 4th Street from Jackson to Adams